Hi everybody, I’m back again with a pattern for crochet skirt summer project. It’s really fun to make and beginner/intermediate friendly.
I’ve wanted to make a pattern for a crochet skirt for a while, and I finally did it!
I used the 3D flower stitch to add some accented stripes to this super cute crochet skirt. If you missed it, you can go back and check out the 3D flower stitch tutorial I made previously.
For this project I used Lion Brand Coboo Yarn in a #3 Light/DK weight. I’ve said it before but I will say it again. This yarn is so comfortable and soft to the touch. It’s one of my favorites this year.
If you want to substitute a different yarn for this pattern for crochet skirt, you can use any #3 Light/DK weight yarn you prefer.
If you’re looking to make a matching accessory to wear with your skirt, check out my 3D flower headband.
If you’re looking for an ad free, printable/downloadable PDF version of this pattern, or any of these projects, just check the links below
If you’re looking for more FREE crochet patterns, check out these patterns below.
- #3 Light/DK weight yarn
- I used 4 colors of Lion Brand COBOO Yarn #3 Light/DK weight yarn
- Color A : White
- Color B : Pale Pink
- Color C : Lilac
- Color D : Ice Blue
- Crochet hook size 3.5 mm and size 4.5 mm
- Yarn needle
*These materials contain affiliate links, for which I make a small commission. It’s no extra cost to you, makes shopping easier and helps to keep the lights on.
Stitches Used & Code
- ch = chain
- st = stitch(es)
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- sp = space
- sk = skip
- bl = back loop
- REP = repeat
- Picot = ch 3, sl st into the back bump of the first ch that you made
- 3D fl = 3D flower stitch: 2 dc into same st, *( ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, sl st )* All into the post of the last dc that we did, REP from *TO* 1 more times into the same dc post, *( ch 2, 2 dc, ch 2, sl st )* All into the post of the previous dc, REP from *TO* 2 more times, then ch1
- ” = inches
- This crochet skirt pattern is made as US women’s sizes XS( S, M, L, XL, XXL )
- In this picture I have demonstrated with size small
Yarn needed :
- Color A : 500( 580, 670, 750, 840, 920 ) Yards
- Color B : 100( 120, 140, 160, 180, 200 ) Yards
- Color C : 100( 120, 140, 160, 180, 200 ) Yards
- Color D : 100( 120, 140, 160, 180, 200 ) Yards
Gauge blocked :
- Waistband : 18 sc X 22 rows = 4″
- Body : 16 dc X 8 rows = 4″
Measurements After blocked ( The waistband is very elastic and will stretch a few inches )
- Waist Circumference : 18.18″( 20″, 21.81″, 23.63″, 25.45″, 27.27″ )
- Hip Circumference : 50″( 55″, 60″, 65″, 70″, 75″ )
- Length : 13.15″( 13.65″, 14.65″, 15.15″, 16.15″, 16.65″ )
SCROLL DOWN FOR THE SKIRT PATTERN
Crochet Skirt Pattern
- For the waistband we’re going to use 3.5 mm crochet hook
- For the waistband we’re going to crochet in rows and join the ends together to form the waistband.
Row 1 ( Color A ) : ch 15( 15, 15, 15, 15, 15 ), 1 sc into second ch from hook and each ch across. Total of 14( 14, 14, 14, 14, 14 ) sc
Row 2 ( Color A ) : Turn, ch 1 ( do not count as a st ), 1 sc into the bl of each st across. Total of 14( 14, 14, 14, 14, 14 ) sc
Row 3 – Row 100( 110, 120, 130, 140, 150 ) : REP Row 2 with color A.
After you reach the end of row 100( 110, 120, 130, 140, 150 ) we’ll connect the ends together. Turn, ch 1, sl st into each st of both ends together across forming a waistband. Turn your waistband inside out so that the bump from the join is on the inside. Do not fasten off. We’ll continue on the body of the skirt with color A.
- For the body of the skirt we’re going to use 4.5 mm crochet hook
- For the body we’re going to crochet in round.
- For round 1 only, we’re going to crochet into the end of each row of the waistband ( sp for reference )
Round 1 ( Color A ) : ch 3 ( count as 1 dc ), 1 dc into the same sp, 2 dc into each sp around, sl st into the third ch. Total of 200( 220, 240, 260, 280, 300 ) dc
Round 2 ( Color A ) : ch 3 ( count as 1 dc ), 1 dc into each st around, sl st into the third ch. Total of 200( 220, 240, 260, 280, 300 ) dc
Round 3 – Round 9( 10, 12, 13, 15, 16 ) REP Round 2 with color A *DO NOT cut the color A
Round 10( 11, 13, 14, 16, 17 ) Color B : Add new yarn into the third ch then, ch 3 ( count as 1 dc ), 1 dc into each of next 8 st, 1 3D flower st into next st, *1 dc into each of next 9 st, 1 3D flower into next st* REP from *TO* around, sl st into the third ch, cut the yarn. Total of 20( 22, 24, 26, 28, 30 ) 3D flower st. Check picture below
Round 11( 12, 14, 15, 17, 18 ) Color A : Bring the color A up then, ch 3 ( count as 1 dc ), 1 dc into each st around ( Including the ch 1 sp that we did the 3D fl st as well ) DO NOT crochet into the 2 dc that we did when we started making the 3D fl st, sl st into the third ch. Total of 200( 220, 240, 260, 280, 300 ) dc. Check picture below
Round 12( 13, 15, 16, 18, 19 ) – Round 14( 15, 17, 18, 20, 21 ) : REP Round 2 with color A *Do NOT cut the color A
Round 15( 16, 18, 19, 21, 22 ) Color C : REP Round 10( 11, 13, 14, 16, 17 )
Round 16( 17, 19, 20, 22, 23 ) Color A : REP Round 11( 12, 14, 15, 17, 18 )
Round 17( 18, 20, 21, 23, 24 ) – Round 19( 20, 22, 23, 25, 26 ) : REP Round 2 with color A
Round 20( 21, 23, 24, 26, 27 ) Color D : REP Round 10( 11, 13, 14, 16, 17 )
Cut the yarn and weave all the ends
Crochet around the waistband edge
For the waistband edge, we’re going to crochet into the end of the row of the waistband ( sp for reference )
Color A : Add new yarn anywhere you like on the waistband edge, ch 1 ( do not count as a st ), *( 1 sc, Picot, 1 sc, All into same sp ), ch 1 loosely , sk next sp* REP from *TO* around, sl st into the first sc that you did, cut the yarn and weave all the ends. Check picture below
Make the ch until it reaches about 60-80″ long ( Make sure that it’s long enough to wrap around your waist with enough extra to tie a bow), then sl st into second ch from hook and each ch across, cut the yarn and weave all the ends.
Adding the drawstring into your skirt
You can choose whichever side you want to be the front or back. Lay your skirt down with whichever side you choose facing up and find the middle of the waist band. Start threading the drawstring into the ch 1 sp that we did in the waistband edge. Insert alternating in and out all the way around, then you can tie it into a cute little bow 🎀 Check picture below
Congratulations! Nice work. I’d love to see everyone’s work. If you want to share with me, just tag me on IG or FB. Happy crocheting 😍